How does a world leader in medical diagnostic equipment, which provides the most cutting-edge imaging solutions in the industry, raise the bar even higher? By zeroing in on a strategy for ensuring machine uptime and consistently superior customer service, and building a world-class customer service organization to make this vision a reality.
Part of the Canon Group, Canon Medical Systems is one of the world’s leading providers of medical diagnostic imaging applications and comprehensive medical solutions. As a leader in its space, the company continuously promotes innovation in the industry, incorporating cutting-edge technologies into its medical imaging solutions. The company is also constantly looking for new ways to improve the service it provides to customers across the globe. Canon Medical Systems knows that to continue differentiating itself as a leader, it needs to adapt to changing customer expectations, ensuring every service experience is a positive one.
Recognizing the value of service delivery as a competitive differentiator, Canon Medical Systems saw an opportunity to leverage the technology to completely transform this part of its business. The company has partnered with Oracle Service Cloud in an initiative to elevate customer experience while streamlining its service operations using its comprehensive solution suite.
“With Oracle Service Cloud we are taking the next step, entering a new era of customer service: delighting our customers with the support we provide and empowering our employees with state-of-the-art applications to do their work,” says Johan Lombaerts, Senior Manager Service, at Canon Medical Systems Europe. “In doing so, we strive to strengthen and streamline communication with customers, provide them the ability to choose their preferred communication channel and access self-service tools at their convenience. It is also our goal in this initiative to increase employee satisfaction for back-office staff and field engineers, and improve the accuracy of the data we collect in order to strengthen our analysis capabilities and continue improving.”
Canon Medical Systems Europe will deploy the Oracle Service Cloud’s contact center and Oracle policy automation solutions, along with Oracle Field Service Cloud. The company will leverage these solutions together in order to:
- Streamline communication with customers, routing incoming calls or incidents to 100 agents on the customer’s preferred channel, including phone, chat, SMS, email and an online portal.
- Provide agents with the tools they need to easily determine a customer’s entitlements on their medical equipment
- Ensure that critical customer and asset data is shared with resources at every step of the service process – contact center representatives, dispatchers, field resources and even supervisors
- Improve response times when maintenance is required on assets in the field, reduce asset downtime and customer disruption
- Drive operational efficiencies in the maintenance and repair of its medical devices, improving field engineer productivity while reducing costs associated with travel and overtime
- Empower over 350 field engineers by providing them with access to relevant knowledge and peer-to-peer collaboration tools in the field via their mobile devices
- Improve accuracy of the data collected in the field and ensure that it gets recorded and shared across the organization properly
By deploying Oracle Service Cloud cross-channel contact center, policy automation and field service management solutions, Canon Medical Systems Europe will completely transform the entire service process – from the time a customer calls into the contact center to report an issue to service fulfillment and data capture in the field, all the way to customer feedback. Canon’s customers will have a more positive experience thanks to streamlined communication and more personalized service, and face less disruption in their day-to-day operations due to Canon’s ability to respond quickly and resolve issues faster. For Canon, more efficient processes, increased engineer productivity and customer satisfaction will translate into a major improvement in the bottom line and drive revenue.
To learn more about Oracle Service Cloud and Oracle Field Service Cloud solutions, and the value they provide to customers across the globe, visit https://www.oracle.com/applications/customer-experience/service/index.html.
About Canon Medical Systems Europe
With headquarters in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, Canon Medical Systems Europe (CMSE) markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and cardiovascular equipment, and coordinates clinical diagnostic imaging research for all modalities in Europe. For more information, visit the CMSE website at http://toshiba-medical.eu
About Canon Medical Systems Corporation
Canon Medical Systems Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of medical diagnostic imaging systems and comprehensive medical solutions, such as CT, X-ray and vascular, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI systems, as well as information systems for medical institutions. Canon Medical Systems Corporation has been providing medical products for over 80 years. Canon Medical Systems Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon. Visit Canon Medical Systems Corporation’s website at https://global.medical.canon